By now many of you are already aware that AX 7 is web based and is accessed through a web browser. This is a major change from AX 2012 (Desktop based).
Although AX 7 is based on Web. Microsoft managed to fit it with certain keyboard shortcuts to facilitate a user friendly interface. Keyboard shortcuts are very important for an ERP to allow faster data entry by users.
- ALT+N: Add a new Record
- ALT+F9: Delete a record (system alerts user about the deletion)
- F2 : Toggle between Edit to View (or) View to Edit
- Ctrl+S: Save the record
- ESC: Close the form (User is prompted if the record is not saved)
- Back Space : Go to the previous page
- Tab: Move to the next field
- Shift+Tab: Move to the previous field
- Alt+Down Arrow: display the records under a drop down lookup field
- Down Arrow: Move to the next record (in a list page)
- Up Arrow:Move to the previous record (in a list page)